WTYF

Dec 11, 1996 11:50 AM
by malcolmi

World Theosophical Youth Federation

The World Theosophical Youth Federation was founded in 1923 by leading
member of the Theosophical Society to further and support the Objects of the
Society among young people. Radha Burnier is the Honorary Presidentie it is
set up a bit like a section. For the past few years it has been
administered from Brazil but has international representation on its
committee. There is no age restriction on membership most members are
either younger teenage & 20's 2nd generation theosophists or new members
in their 20's & 30's. There are no restrictions or requirements regarding
membership to other theosophical organisations.

We in New Zealand are backing this organisation in order to foster youth
membership of the theosophical society and its objectives around the world
as it is obvious that the TS has and aging membership and it is often very
difficult for younger new members to feel a sense of belonging.

I said in a previous post that I would create and e-version of the WTYF
membership form however it looks a little complicated. If you are
interested in joining please e-mail to me malcolmi@iconz.co.nz or write to
me Malcolm Idoine 26 Arthur St Ponsonby Auckland New Zealand and I
will post you a membership form a copy of the constitution and a leaflet
about the organisation. Membership is free but you may like to make a
contribution towards postage as this is currently being funded by the
Brazilian and New Zealand sections.

Membership will entitle you to receive and contribute to our two
international newsletters one from New Zealand and one from Brazil. This
does not sound by much but you have to start somewhere! This allows us to
share ideas and provided a medium for expressing thoughts feeling poetry
drawings etc with other young theosophists around the world.

Malcolm Idoine

PS. Could you please display this at you lodge or include the address
details in you local newsletter.