RE: WTYF

Dec 11, 1996 05:12 AM
by Peter Walstra

[Liesel:]

>Also a few days ago there was news from the World Theosophical
>Youth Federation which is either non-existent or very dormant in the
>US. I wish the young people on the mailing list would get in touch
>with these guys & get something going in this country. They were
>talking about putting a facsimile of their membership applicatiion on
>theos-l.

I only saw that WTYF was being mentioned once here in theos-l.
Having been 'recruited' down in Adyar sic I was a bit sceptical
at first. But for a few times now I've received their newsletter called
'The Universal Human Family' and it's really a nice initiative. It may not
be much more than a few pages with thoughts written down and
greetings offered but it still represents a linking together of young
ones around the world. Perhaps when more people are joining
some real activities can be undertaken.
I *do* find it somewhat formal though with elections taking place for
people to take place in an executive committee.
Well compared to a group such as here on theos-l ;-

So let's see if more material turns up in the coming days. Otherwise
if anyone's interested I'll be glad to give the address snail or e-mail of
the people in Brazil who are organizing it.

/* Peter */
Member Theosophy International