Newbies

Dec 11, 1996 04:30 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Ann:
>I've also wondered if long-time members view newcomers with a certain amount of
>suspicion wondering if they'll try to change the established order. I get the
>impression they are questioning whether the newbie can make the grade stick it
>out and keep up with the group. Perhaps suspicion and skepticism regarding
>newcomers should be changed to helpfulness and optimism.

I have never been suspicious of newbies. Frustrated maybe but not
suspicious. I don't expect newbies to "keep up" with some of my
discussions. After studying for almost 30 years I would hope that I
am able to talk over their heads at some point. While this is
probably frustrating to them I wish that I could have had theos-l 30
or so years ago when I was grappling with these subjects and
learning all on my own. If I feel anything its probably envy. I am
a member at large and except for computer networking have
not had a chance to share views or discuss these subjects with
others.

Jerry S.