Father/Mother God

Dec 10, 1996 11:02 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

referring to the deity: I don't remember doing so other than
in a quote. But of course I deplore the envisioning of
divinity in male terms and don't even find monotheism
appealing. What I was getting at in the post "God loves you"
is that there is truth in this phrase that can be accepted
even within the framework of Theosophical pantheism-- which is
really where the Cayce readings come down on the issue. God is
used as synonymous with "the Creative Forces."
Of course Cayce's lifelong study of the Bible influenced the
language of the readings and often God is called a Father
therein. But here's an exception:
Father-Mother-God! In Thy mercy in Thy love be Thou the
guide just now as I seek in humility and in earnestness to
present that which may give my fellow man [uh-oh] a better and
more perfect insight into the love which was manifested by
Jesus my Lord and my God. Help Thou O God my every effort.
849-76