Titillation

Dec 10, 1996 10:30 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

BB:
>As Liesel said people learn quickest if they
>are enthusiastic about what they are reading and if that is A B then I would
>rather they did that than say 'no no' and give them SD. Sadly many want
>titilation with their knowledge so while they are going through that stage
>they will not take on something that takes serious thought.

I was intrigued by the meaning of the word titillation in regard to esoteric
material and spiritual growth so I consulted my robot dictionary and found this
interesting quote. It also suggests that one would have to keep "titillating"
the readers or they will go elsewhere. Although I read and like CWL that
reminds me of him and his more fantastic writings.

Titillation
To excite another especially in a superficial pleasurable manner: "Once you
decide to titillate instead of illuminate . . . you create a climate of
expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity" Bill Moyers.

The American HeritageR Dictionary of the English Language Third Edition
copyright C 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from
InfoSoft International Inc. All rights reserved.