Re J00 H-E Bylaws and Bailey

Dec 10, 1996 07:54 PM
by guru

> Hi Bee
>
> I absolutely agree with you. We should be able to read & study
> whatever interests us as of the moment if for no other reason than
> that we learn best from interesting materials. If it's Alice
> Bailey well then it's Alice Bailey. I don't think that should make
> a person an outcast if we're really practicing the tolerance that
> goes with us all being one brother/sister-hood. I say that in spite of the
> fact or maybe because of the fact that I find Besant & Leadbeater
> more to my liking. To me they have more substance. But since I'm
> asking others who don't like these 02 to stop making snide remarks
> about them & to accept me as a believer in Besant/Leadbeater then
> by the same token I should be willing to extend the same courtesy to
> someone who finds Alice Bailey more to their liking.

<snip>

> Liesel
> Member Theosophy International
> Member Human Race

If we believe what we say we believe in then our approach
must be INCLUSIVE not EXCLUSIVE.

Personally I do not care for Alice Bailey's writings not
because I object to what she says but because I found her too
verbose and over the top with blue type ..... just couldn't read
it! However if someone else gets on fine with her what is
that to me? I have my way; let them have theirs.

Alan
--
Private e-mail: guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk