Re: Copy of: Copy of: TSA by-law revisions

Dec 09, 1996 07:46 AM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

Sy

Just as a side light when our Onondaga Provisional Study Center was
approved last year I was told that we had to do a course on basic
Theosophy before we could be approved as a permanent study center.
We were given a choice of 02 ... Emogene Simons' Intro to Theosophy
which is very antiquated or Doss McDavid's "Intro to Esoteric
Principles" which it says in the blurp is "a more advanced course".
I haven't looked at that but I'm not going to bore my people to
death. I objected but I do see that giving such a course to a new
group is a good idea provided there's a live one available.
I"m waiting for Ed Abdill's video tapes but
they've been stalled for I think almost a year. Jerry & Apr
Hejka-Ekins did a video tape on Basic T. a number of year ago but I
found that unimaginative & not at all inspiring.

Thought you'd like to know that they ask something else besides the
3 objects. When I joined all you had to agree to was the Brotherhood
of Man.

Liesel