Re: Theosophy International

Nov 17, 1995 03:31 PM
by guru

> According to Dr. A.M.Bain:
> >
> > To so far Liesel Eldon & Rich:
> >
> > I envisage THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL <snip>

> > 1. To form a nucleus within the universal human family without
> > discrimination with regard to sex including sexual
> > orientation creed class or color.
>
> Species? I guess it's OK to limit membership to humans but
> wonder about the juxtaposition of "universal" and "human" which
> seems oxymoronic. Any way to loosen the phraseology up to
> indicate respect for *all* life?

Whilst I - and I expect all of us - respect all life there is
no way I can see that non-human life eg horses dogs
termites fleas could sign up :-. Some might have so low an
opinion of us as not to want to? Soooo ... I suggest starting
where we are with ourselves and in the first instance with
those of us online.

> > 2. To encourage and engage in the study of comparative religion
> > theosophy philosophy and the scientific method according to
> > individual ability and inclination.
> >
> > 3. To investigate unexplained laws of nature and unrealized
> > human potential and abilities.

<snip>

> > There will be no fees no subscriptions although voluntary
> > donations and/or contributions *could* be made to specific
> > projects or even individuals for particular and specified
> > purposes.
> >
> What sorts of projects do you envision for starters?
> PJ

You tell me ... anyone tell us. Let's get something going first.

Alan
--
Please send E-mail to: guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk