TMR

Nov 09, 1995 05:55 AM
by Jerry Schueler

> JHE
> A blind is not a lie or a fabrication but are usually
> created by making generalizations in order to avoid giving
> specific information. HPB was consistent in how she created
> blinds going all the way back at least to ~Isis Unveiled.~

I think that "blind" goes beyond generalizations and does
enter into the area of fibs on occasion. For example HPB
says that all of the names of the Talas are blinds. Then says
"Rasatala is a blind within a blind for Rasa taste belongs
to the next Tala." Inner Group Teachings p. 58. This
looks like an example of deliberate distortion or
disinformation to me.

JHE
> And who created elaborate "disinformation." Don't you
>consider "disinformation" a deception?

It *is* a deception but a deliberately crafted
one that the "initiated" should be able to see through
while the "unititated" either become confused and give
up or obtain disinformation.

JHE
> IMO your thesis concerning the Masters does not address my views as
>stated above one way or the other concerning HPB because my
>opinions of her in these areas do not depend upon the existence
>of the Masters under any definition

I agree with you on this. If the Masters were somehow
proved to be fabrications or "blinds" as Paul would have it this
would not change my opinion of HPB or my view of theosophy at all.
My understanding and respect for the teachings of theosophy as
given by HPB does not hinge in any way on Mahatmas on Masters
on Initiates on Adepts or on anyone else who may have taught her.

Jerry S.