Re: animal monad revisited

Nov 04, 1995 05:02 AM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

I think I just lately picked up something in the literature which might
clarify. Some writers inlcuding the ones I'm most familiar with
use the word "Monad" to denote something which is part of the spritual self.
Recently I've come
across the word "Monad" where it's being used synonymously with "Bodies". The
Animal monad I take from this means the physical human body.
I still don't like to have it called "animal" because we
think of that term as being denigrating. It often isn't nice to call a human
being an animal. Matter of fact I think maybe we ought to apologize
to the animals for thinking this way but we do.

Liesel