Not Escaping the World

Oct 25, 1995 12:09 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Eldon:<This is a different approach from some spiritual paths that teach
that our goal is to escape the necessity of physical incarnation,
and to seek rebirth on higher planes (globes).>

Eldon, you have preached this before. Could you please
give us an example of such a "spiritual path." I am not aware of
any, while you sound like you know several.

Jerry S.

PS. Thanks for the quotes on tantricism. I have the Naropa book
too, having read it years ago. Most theosophists are afraid of tanticism,
I suspect because HPB had little good to say about it. Yet most
Tibetans practice it, because the Buddhist verison is much different
than the Hindu (which seeks after powers). I am not sure if HPB
was even aware of this large difference in the two tantric schools, and
I have always suspected that when she derides "tantricism" she is
referring to the Hindu school.