high-brow chats

Oct 24, 1995 02:18 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Jerry HE:<Also, I have found that students have an easier time with the SD
<if the read the abridgement of the SD (available from Quest
<books) before trying the full size version. The abridged version
<is only 20% the size of the full version, and reading the
<abridgement seems to help give the student a better grasp on the
<larger book when they get to it, because they now have a sense of
<where it is going.

Now you tell me! I did it the other way around. In
retrospect though, I have to agree with you.

Jerry S.