Re: Comments on Subtle Bodies

Oct 13, 1995 10:33 AM
by Jerry Schueler

<Jerry S:
< "Perhaps it would help if we changed the word 'body' to
<'vehicle of consciousness'"
<Liesel:
<I've suggested several times that they might be called "fields". I'd
<love to hear an answer to this suggestion from you.

I am not sure what you mean, Liesel. Do you mean
astral fields, and mental fields, and so on? I think that looking
at the subtle body, the Body of Light, from an objective and
scientific viewpoint could result in the field concept as a way
of describing it. In fact, it is well known that our physical body
has an electro-magnetic field within/around it during life, which
dissipates after death. This could be (and probably is) the
etheric and astral bodies, or the lower portion of the Body of
Light.

Perhaps we can call our Body of Light a field when
viewed objectively, and a body when viewed subjectively (i.e., in
the sense of "my" body)? Tibetan Buddhists speak of a Dream
Body that we have in our dreams, for example. When we are
dreaming, we seem to have a body in which we talk and act.
It is usually healthy and feels no pain and is never hungry
or tired or sleepy or thirsty (unless our physical body is, in
which case it sends messages that will effect our Dream Body).
We also see the bodies of others, and could care less whether
these are "real" or simply our own projections. But I agree
with you that after we wake, and we review or discuss what
was going on during our dreaming, that we can then talk about
having experiences in an etheric-astral field. At this time, we also
begin to worry if the dream was "real" or a psychic projection. Do
you see what I mean? One way of looking at it is through our direct
experience of it, in which case it seems to be a body in which
our consciousness is functioning. But in a scientific or objective
view, these bodies are really fields of energy.

Jerry S.

Jerry S.