Re: Origin of Sense of Self

Oct 12, 1995 06:20 AM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

Jerry S.

To corroborate what you said, here's a quote I just came across this
morning in "Talks on The Path of Occultism" :

" Even in the buddhic plane there is a certain duality, or
separateness. We cannont love ourselves; love needs an object, even
though it be not a material object, but the divine life manifested in
many spiritual souls. Buddhi is the first veil, the Avalokiteshvara of
the Higher Self, not the Parabrahman. The "dire heresy of
separateness" has to be disposed of on every plane in turn, the
physical, the astral, the mental, and even the buddhic."

Liesel