RE: Re: Wheaton & cults

Oct 12, 1995 00:36 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Eldon:
>We're selling ourselves short when we divert our energies, as a movement,
>into feeding the poor, fighting bad laws through political challenges, or
>concentrating on psychological self-help. As individuals, we may feel a
>personal calling into such avenues of service, but as a movement, it's
>not, I'd think, a good thing to do.

I agree. I see TS as a spiritual atmosphere where ideas and ideals can be
formed, than acted upon by individuals or groups in the outer world. I do not
know how much of that is being done now, but I can envision some members
participating in a "think tank" to solve problems. Scientists and visionaries
included.

- ann