Re: CWL and WQJ

Oct 05, 1995 05:25 AM
by MGRAYE

Paul writes: "From my reading of Nethercot it would seem that Mahatma
letters convinced Besant to share the Headship with Judge in the first
place."

Refresh my memory, Jerry HE, but Besant herself writes that the decision
for Judge and Besant to serve as Co-Heads was decided before any Mahatma
letter was received endorsing the decision. And she says more in that state-
ment which would indicate (taking it at face value) that there was no
way Judge could have palmed the ML off on her in the circumstances involved.
I will have to hunt for the document. Here is a good example (if I'm right!)
of not relying exclusively on a secondary source like Nethercot.

What is the source (forgive me Eldon!) for Rich's statement concerning WQJ and
500 Mahatma Letters?

PJ, I'm surprised that you could not obtain somehow a copy of the 1925 ULT
history. I have gone through 3 copies of that book in 20 years and I got
all three copies from the Theosophy Co, LA.

Daniel Caldwell