Re: Jnana Yoga

Oct 04, 1995 01:29 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Lewis:<Lewis: I read the article, but didn't make a connection to Jnana
Yoga. Is it overt? Anyway, I too enjoyed it.>

Yeah, pretty much so. Read the paragraph on page 5 beginning
"H.P. Blavatsky said that Theosophy is a kind of jnana yoga" to the
end of the next paragraph which sums it all up: "That is the zenith of jnana
yoga: using the mind and understanding to pass to a realization of Reality
that surpasses the mind and understanding." The goal of jnana, as well
as raja and kundalini, yoga is to take consciousness beyond the
human condition.

Jerry S.