Re: CWL and Theosophy

Oct 02, 1995 02:21 PM
by Richtay

Jerry H-E writes:

"What bothers me is that due to general ignorance
concerning TS history, the general public blends CWL and Besant together with
Blavatsky. HPB's accomplishments are forgotten in light of what CWL and
Besant made of the TS."

Yes, exactly. When I mention in class or to an acquaintance that I study
Theosophy, those who have EVEN HEARD OF IT say "Oh, yes, I've heard of Annie
Besant." And I think, "O God, we're doomed."

Give me some hope here people: is the movement a failure the way K.H. worries
that it would be in the ML?

Rich