(none)

Sep 29, 1995 07:50 AM
by MGRAYE

To use real simple terminology, the emotional body is cast off by the Higher
Ego and this emotional body is left in Globe D's "world of effects" which
affords a place of final rest for this emotional body.

Now in Letter #9, KH introduces to Sinnett the chain of worlds or globes and
also talks about worlds of causes and worlds of effects. And on p. 48
of the 3rd ed, KH describes "our world of effects" as a great halting place,
a station in which discarnate humans---"the old and disembodied Egos of our
planet find themselves after death. KH speaks of "that land of shadows",
and says "in that world, we find but unconscious, self-acting, ex-human
machines, souls in their transition state...."

What is this "land of shadows"? I would suggest that this is kamaloka and
kamaloka is within the sphere of effects. And in the next paragraph, KH
mentions "the lower world of effects" and describes it as the "sphere of
..distorted Thoughts; of the most sensual conceptions, and pictures;.....
thoughts are things....they are real entities....."

Read all of this pargraph and see if this "lower world of effects" is not
Kamaloka and that kamaloka is part of the "world of effects" of Globe D.
In time, the kamarupa of the disembodied Ego will be left in this Kamaloka,
the lower world of effects, which affords a resting place from this human
principle---the kamarupa. Now this is somewhat of an oversimplication and
ignores the imtimate relationship between emotions and thoughts. But hope-
fully everyone sees what I am getting at!

Now when KH mentions the ascending spheres of Kamaloka, Rupaloka and Arupaloka
in the after death states he is referring to Globe D's "world of effects".
We have already gone over kamaloka so let us turn our attention to Manas.
The Atma-Buddhi monad experiences Devachan *through* Manas so above kamaloka
in Globe D's "world of effects" is the Manasic plane or planes---the arupa and
rupa lokas of Devachan. The mental world in the world of effects of Globe D
can be broadly clasified into two "regions"---rupa (form) (concrete) and
arupa (formless) (abstract). So the Monad finds itself still clothed in
the essence of its mental sheath in the Rupa and Arupa Lokas of the Devachanic
plane. By the end of the Devachanic experience, the monad has shed the various
mental sheaths in the "world of effects....which....afford a place
of final rest for the "mental bodies". Now my writing makes all of
this very mechanical and we need to realize that the whole after
death process is part of a continuum.

And Eldon quotes one passage on p. 105, which reads:

"...in enumerating the seven lokas of the "Kama-Loka"....Every such "world"
within the Sphere of Effects has a Tathagata, or "Dhyan Chohan"......

These seven lokas of KamaLoka are *within* the sphere of effects, i.e.
withing Globe D's "sphere of effects" that afford a place of rest for each of
the human principles. Kamarupa finds its resting place in Kamaloka *withing*
the sphere of effects. I can't spell "within"!

Then Eldon lists the seven classes of dwellers that inhabit Globe D's
"sphere of effects" (ML 16, pp. 104-105). Now many of these dwellers are
in kamaloka which is defined in ML 16 as "the world of Desire" or our
Earth's atmosphere or as defined in ML 9, the "lower world of effects" of
Globe D. Again on p. 101, KH says:

"When [physical] man dies his second and third principles die with him; the
lower triad [ of 1st, 2nd and 3rd principles] disappears [ that is, reamins
remains in the physical world or world of causes of Globe D] and the
fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh principles form the surviving *Quaternary*."

Surviving where? I would suggest in the "world of effects" of globe D.

"Thenceforth, it is a `death' strugge between the Upper and Lower dualities."

Where does this death struggle occur? I would suggest that it occurs in
the "world of effects" of Globe D?

"If the upper [duality] wins......."etc. etc. "...[the remains of] the
fifth and fourth remain in asssociation as an empty *shell*.....to roam
in the earth's atmosphere [ie. Kamaloka---the lower world of effects of Globe
D."

Again on p. 103 of the ML, KH writes of "three sub-periods (1) when the
Ego delivered of its mortal coil [the physical body] enters into KamaLoka
[in the world of effects of Globe D] (the abode of Elementaries; (2) when it
enters its `Gestation State'; (3) when it is reborn in the Rupa-Loka of
Devachan......The *Agama Sutra* saying:---1In all these Rupa-Lokas, the
Devas (Spirits) are equally subjected to birth, decay, old age, and death,'
means only that an Ego is borne thither, then begins fading out and finally
`dies,' i.e., falls into that unconscious condition which precedes rebirth;
and ends the Sloka with these words: `As the devas emerge from these heavens,
they enter the lower world again;' i.e., they leave the world of bliss [in
the worlds of effects] to be reborn in a world of causes."

I believe from all the quotes Eldon typed from the MLs and from ML #9 etc,
a good case can be made that Kamaloka, Rupaloka and Arupaloka are all withing
the sphere of effects of Globe D.

Now how does one correlate planes and sub-planes with these globes composed
of worlds of causes and worlds of effects?

Looking at the diagram of the globes & planes on p. 200 of vol. I of the SD,
the information given in this diagram needs to be correlated with what is
said in the MLs, with what HPB says in her various collected writings and also
with the numerous charts and diagrams about planes and principles in THE
INNER GROUP TEACHINGS OF HP BLAVATSKY.

Now I may be seriously mistaken on what I have written above, but if I am,
I would like to know the Whys and the details of the whys.

Written in haste with many mispellings. Sorry.

Daniel Caldwell