Re: CWL

Sep 27, 1995 04:15 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Jerry HE:
>The tragedy of this case (IMHO) is how Narayaniah's own
>wishes and concerns over his own children were disregarded in
>favor of higher "occult" purposes.

My questions are: Were the children ever consulted on whether they wanted to
live with Besant and did they understand they were being groomed for some great
work? If Krishnamurti was never truly dedicated to the ideas of Besant and
Leadbeater, then it's no wonder he bailed out. There's a big difference between
whole-hearted sacrifice and being "volunteered" by someone else.

Lately, I've thought that maybe Krishnamurti did everyone a favor by deciding to
dissolve the movement. After becoming a exalted figure of salvation, he got up
and told everyone he wasn't playing the game anymore. He told his followers to
get out of the cart and start pushing their own enlightenment.

I'm sure it's much more complicated than this, so I'd appreciate any comments.

- ann