Re: Authenticity On Line and In Life

Sep 26, 1995 09:32 AM
by LIESEL

Art,
 My usual few comments back to your sensitive post to Rich.

You're not one to ever abuse power. That you say you are
afraid, means you're proceding with caution, ie not abusing.
But I'm not basing my judgement on just this post of yours.

"...trying to be tethered to the core teachings of your group,
& yet be flexible enough to adapt those teachings to a new
environment, or if they prove to be inadequate abandon them..."
I truly believe that our core teachings are flexible enough to
adapt to new circumstance. Ingenuity, imagination, &, as you
say, intellectual independence are part & parcel of what we
teach. I don't think we're trying enough of this nowadays, & to
me, this is 1 of the faults of today's TS. (John Algeo is doing
it more than his predecessor) If you know theosophy fairly well
& apply it as you need it in your everyday circumstances, I
firmly believe it will stand the test of time, & will never be
inadequate.

Namaste

Liesel