Re: censorship flames

Sep 26, 1995 08:00 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Ann:
>>facts, RATHER A SCREAMING MATCH IN CYBERSPACE!

Eldon:
>Agreed. Let's not get upset. We have much better things to write about
>than how angry we are at things we don't like. We should forget what does
>not appeal to us, and be motivated by that which we find useful.

My capital letter statement was an echo of what I had heard on Theos-l, not a
personal one. Rich's overblown response to Brenda was just one of many I'd seen
in the past. Actually, I think the members of the list have been very patient
with someone who consistently reponds with fire coming out of his nostrils to
the most innocent statements. Classes in netiquette are needed here.

I'm very glad roots is being utilized for the CWL issue. The primary reason I
logged off Theo-l was that 50 posts a day in my mailbox was just too time
consuming to handle. The traffic on roots fits my schedule. Another member of
the list was disturbed because I voted to send the Masters' issue to roots, but
I think it was a good idea. Separating issue into categories would give us a
chance to discuss subjects we are most interested in rather sifting through many
posts.

I personally detest flaming and ugly arguments. My best memories of the list
are those of calm discussion, exchange of information and agreements to
disagree. As far as I am concerned, obnoxious comebacks are out of order.
After all, we are adult Theosophists here, not a bunch of high school kids
getting their kicks on the Internet.

- ann