Re: passage re: who adepts are

Sep 26, 1995 01:07 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

According to Brenda S. Tucker:

> I've seen plenty of Punjabi Singhs in Paul Johnson's two books: IN SEARCH OF
> THE MASTERS and THE MASTERS REVEALED, but I haven't seen many Tibetans. Does
> anyone (including Paul) know of other Tibetans (besides the obvious) who
> could be included as adept?

First-- the "obvious" ones won't be so to people who haven't
read my work. So for starters, let's state that there is one
major Tibetan among my Master nominees, the Sengchen Tulku who was an
informant of Sarat Chandra Das and his companion Ugyen Gyatso.
The latter two are also nominated as Masters, and are Tibetan
Buddhists, although Das was Bengali. Gyatso (the surname of
the present Dalai Lama) was Sikkimese by nationality but of
Tibetan race and religion.

Since the Sengchen Tulku was the Prime Minister of the Panchen
Lama, we may assume that the latter (who died 1883) could have
been informed of his subordinate's Theosophical connections,
and approved them. Later Panchen and Dalai Lamas have made
favorable statements about HPB and/or Theosophy.