Way out

Sep 24, 1995 12:38 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> Finally, HPB, speaking as the Messenger of her Teachers, made it clear that
> Christianity is on its way out.
>
> Just an opinion.
>
> Rich

An opinion which, as an EX-Independent Catholic Bishop, I share.

Having said that, the underlying wisdom teaching from which it
first emerged (not quite the same thing as modern rabbinic
Judaism) remains in its corpus of literature, "canonical" and
otherwise. As the Rabbi Hillel is quoted as saying, "When you
see the Torah is forgotten in Israel ... you gather it in." -
~Pirke Avot~ ("Sayings of the Fathers"). I guess that this is
what some of us on theos-l are trying to do for a dwindling
theosophical ideal .....

Note I said "trying to do" - no big claim being made!

Liesel:

Thanks for the comment about my merry quips :-). I am 62 and
Taurus.

Alan.