Re: abortion

Sep 23, 1995 11:00 AM
by LIESEL

Rich,

I'm not disputing your beliefs, even though they don't agree
with mine, but this time, I need to correct your knowledge of
history.
If HPB wrote (can you quote chapter & verse?) "The mother will
die too, or have her life dramatically shortened." This was
true in HPB's days, but is no longer true now. Our medical
knowledge has advanced a lot in the intervening 100+ years. At
HPB's time bearing a child was also a very risky undertaking,
during which many women either died or were injured so that it
shortened their lives. This is no longer the case. Women very
rarely die in childbirth anymore.

Shalom

Liesel