Re: Concerning Daniel H. and censorship

Sep 21, 1995 04:10 AM
by Richtay

Daniel H.

>Did Buddha and Krishna claim to be GOD or to be TRUTH?

Yes, they did. Krishna in the Bhagavad-Gita claims he is the god beyond god,
and the creator, preserver and destroyer of this whole universe. The Buddha
claimed to be the fully enlightened one, higher than any creature or god.

> I enjoy comparitive studies. Why do all major religions deal with Jesus?
> Many make claims that are contrary to first hand evidence as written
> in the New Testament which is the only valid history of Jesus of Nazareth.
> It is also interesting that ALL cults deal with Jesus.
Your depth of ignorance is ASTONISHING, the moreso because you seem entirely
unaware of how ridiculous your statements are.

"All major religions deal with Jesus." I can think of two major religions
that even mention the name Jesus outside of Christianity, namely Islam and
Ba'hai. Maybe you could include the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) as
a separate religion.

Now for a list of religions that don't even MENTION THE NAME OF JESUS:

Sumerian religions
Assyrian religions
Hittite religions
Pythagoreanism
30+ Greek Mystery religions
Egyptian religions
Vedism
Jainism
Shaivism
Vaishnavism
Lamaism
Zen
Confucianism
Buddhism
Sikhism
Taoism
Shinto
Zoroastrianism
Norse religion
Mayan religion
etc.

I might add that these are the religions of EMPIRES, either former or
current. If we are to include other religions which are not imperial world
religions, the list gets much longer
500+ Native American religions
300+ Native African religions
200+ Indigenous Australian religions
etc.

Where is the Mighty Jesus? Looking at world history of religions as a whole,
perhaps as a time-line, Jesus is not even a dot.

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

Rich