Re: A. Bailey & World Government

Sep 17, 1995 11:08 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

According to Richtay@aol.com:

> Paul, with all your research into Theosophy, are you telling me you've never
> heard of the School of the Adepts?
Having heard of it many times, I am still astonished that it
taken literally in the way that it is. Eldon, apparently, does
not really do so, but you seem to.
 You've never heard of Damodar being
> called away to train at the Master's ashram?
I write about it in my new book. This place was somewhere
within a few hours of Jammu, which I visited in the course of
my research.

> HPB speaks often of there being various "branches" of this school in various
> countries -- she mentions Syria, South America, Tibet and others by name --
> and that taken together, they are "the great brotherhood." She even
> describes the great "temple" structure she was taken to.
If you think that the *place* in Jammu/Kashmir is the *school*
of which various other "lodges" are branches, then I suggest
that you are way way off the mark due to literalism. *School*
is not a *place* but a spiritual reality as I understand it.

> Theosophy teaches that the Masters have an active, *living* tradition, with
> Hierophants, chelas of all grades, and trainees or *lay chelas*. This has
> all been spoken of often, and in some detail. If you choose to take it as
> myth, great. But HPB seems to have taken it in deadly earnest.
There are many Masters with many Hierophants, chelas, etc.,
with whom HPB came into contact and about whom she wrote.
That's no myth. The homogenized, trans-cultural, meta-human
"Lodge of the Adepts" that exists only in Theosophical
imagination-- is the literalization of a spiritual reality.