Group Souls and Spirals

Sep 12, 1995 04:34 PM
by Murray Stentiford, Scientific Software and Systems Ltd

Eldon <<In conditioned existence, they are "spiral". The second hand of
the clock complete a cycle, and the minute hand has moved forward a
notch. It is only when we step outside of conditioned time that the sense
of "spiral" dissapears and we experience pure durtion.

But I do want to let everyone know that I, at least,
>think that they are cyclical, the circle being the ancient symbol for
>existence, not the spiral.>>

Reminds me that the 2-dimensional spiral is quite a common symbol in some
cultures, often portrayed with 3 and a half turns or circuits around the
center. When you look at a spiral where the line is as thick as the
space, you have 3 1/2 turns of white and 3 1/2 of dark. Further,
sometimes the dark part is drawn with a line defining its edges. This
line makes 3 1/2 turns in and then 3 1/2 turns out, if you trace it from
the outside. Is this a symbol if involution and evolution, or is it a
symbol of involution and evolution? And with an implied septenary system!

Murray
murray@sss.co.nz