One last bone...(of contention?)

Sep 11, 1995 04:30 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> A few quick answers to previous posts:
>
> As to Matthew 19:12
> This passage is a reference to mans impotence whether
> born impotent, castrated or by choice to not procreate.
>
> The passage was used to question our creation.

Who said? You? As the *text reads* it is a recommendation to
self-mutilation - as practised by quite a number of the earliest
followers of Matthew's gospel. Origen (2nd century) is of
course a famous example.

> Let me refocus this to Romans 9:18:23

No.

> As a layman of biblical theology and one who
> TRUELY respects the Word, I find it necessary
> to counter or refute teachings that do not line up
> with biblical theology.

Wrong. As a layman - a fact which is painfully evident - you
*choose* to attempt to refute teachings which do not agree with
your own limited perspective.

> There is no declaration of reincarnation in the
> Old or New Testaments.

Nor is there the contrary. They are silent on the subject.

> As a man who chooses to follow the teachers such
> as Paul and then I am confronted by the teachings
> of Zen or any other New Age beliefs and they are
> at absolute contradiction to my established faith
> and established truth then what is a man in time
> supposed to do?

Seriously ask yourself whether what you consider established
faith and truth actually IS what you think it is.

> Can anyone tell me who Jesus is? And if he is not
> God declaring Himself Savior of a broken people
> that are destined to HELL if they do not accept the
> advocates declaration of emancipation through the
> shed blood of Jesus Christ...then he is an idiot with
> delusions of grandeur.

In the theos-l archives somewhere is my work, ~The Nazarenes, a
Speculative Enquiry into Christian Origins.~ This discusses who
Jesus was in some detail.

> Why can't anyone on this list tell me who Jesus is?

The Jesus of history and the New Testament and other 1st century
literature appears to have been a Galilean Israelite.

> And how do you know what you say about Him is
> the truth?

And how do you know, layman?

> Hmmm?
>
> Daniel

Hmmm?

PLEASE GO AWAY, YOU ARE SOWING YOUR SEEDS ON STONY GROUND HERE,
WHERE THEY WILL NEVER GROW. IF YOU WISH TO INVESTIGATE
THEOSOPHICAL IDEAS WITH AN OPEN MIND, THEN PLEASE RETURN.

AB