Bailey, PSYCHIC and NOETIC

Sep 09, 1995 05:51 PM
by Richtay

Rich: > >The higher Manas or NOETIC action
> >has no connection to the body directly,

Patrick: > Actually the direct connection develops on the path until the
Noetic can
> express itself or use the psychic at will.

Patrick, I really tire of arguing with you the Bailey viewpoint endlessly.
 We cannot meet, I fear, because you fail to recognize that you (I mean
Bailey) are not teaching source THEOSOPHY, but instead quite a different
system, with its own rules and ideas.

So I give up. No more rebuttals from me, it's useless. You can argue with
Blavatsky instead and leave me out of it. And so I quote, from Psychic and
Noetic Action, p. 21 in "Theosophical Articles" Vol. 2 from Theosophy
Company:

"The 'Higher Ego' [noetic] cannot act directly on the body, as its
consciousness pertains to quite another plane and planes of ideation: the
'lower' SELF [psychic] does: and its action and behavior depend on its free
will and choice as to whether it will gravitate more toward its parent ("the
Father in Heaven") or the "animal" which it informs, the man of flesh. The
'Higher Ego' x has to act solely through its ALTER EGO--the Personal Self."