Re: "source teachings"

Sep 05, 1995 03:14 AM
by Richtay

Jerry H-E: " Consequently, those writers who base their ideas upon, comment
upon, or adjunct their writings to the source writings are the secondary
sources. These would include Besant, Leadbeater, Jinarajadasa, Arundale,
Barborka, Purucker, Tingley, Johnson, Hargrove, Crosbie, Wadia etc. This is
such a commonly used distinction that it is primary in order to do any
research. "

Yes, Jerry, absolutely. Even the "fundamentalist" ULTers like myself
recognize that our "favorite" Theosophical writers are STUDENTS and
COMMENTATORS on the Masters, HPB and Mr. Judge.

That distinction is critical, or the original ideas will be lost, and we will
have only secondary stuff, while we will be thinking the secondary stuff IS
THE ORIGINAL STUFF.

Rich