To Paul & Eldon

Sep 04, 1995 00:15 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Eldon:
>With ARE we have a simpler framework for study. We're digging through
>massive files of information on a seer's materials.

As opposesd to TS, whose membership has so much more to fight over and about.
Since the ARE is primarily focussed on Edgar Cayce, they have little other
material to wrangle over, except interpretation or applications of the readings.

I was particularly disturbed about Eldon's and Paul's posts on the ARE. Forgive
me for saying this, but it sounded like a couple of kids fighting over whose dog
was the shiniest.

As to the issue of "who or what" was coming through Edgar Cayce, I'd suggest
that that one apply that critical attitude to anyone one reads or listens to.
That includes Purucker, HPB, CWL, Alice Bailey, DK, Roerich, Besant, MacLaine,
Chopra or any other heavenly mouthpiece for the truth. The essence that is
conveyed to you and what it symbolizes and works on in your life is what counts.
Either it works or it doesn't.

Every endeavour on the physical plane is subject to human frailty and error.
Not to mention the problems of those who try to carry the torch after the death
of the founder or speaker. If something valueable filters down and one can use
it, fine. If we find some mistakes or even that it was their imaginings, then
we are the wiser for it. We have begun to grapple with illusion.

- ann