Re: "source teachings"

Sep 03, 1995 10:39 PM
by Brenda S. Tucker

Jerry:
> Therefore, we devised this rhetoric, not to divide
>theosophists (the Adyar policy of not recognizing Judge already
>did that), but to bring them together again by pointing out that
>they are already united by a core set of teachings from which
>each tradition has evolved.

This is very good, but this is not how people are using it today. They are
using it to kick out any mention of people or to poke fun at what the
"second?" group might be saying. It seems selfish to call this a secondary
group of writers, because they should be looked at as the product of the
first group and by doing this we could maybe view their positions as closer
to our position in the sense that we are trying to follow in their footsteps.

People may be taking your ideas and misusing them. Even your old friend at
the Lodge just wanted to laugh and disregard a point I tried to make
regarding a subject that he couldn't relate to because it wasn't core
enough. People are just going to laugh us away, too.