Re: To Rick & Liesel

Aug 31, 1995 08:31 AM
by LIESEL

Eldon,

Exactly, the teachings have to become a living reality to
whoever is studying them. That means they have to be flexible
enough for the learner's imagination/intuition to be able to
interpet something meaningful into them. It also means that
whatever he reads must become part of him, be absorbed &
understood, not just be words in a book. I think the idea that
not all the esoteric wisdom was given out & that we can now
build on what was written is also important. We live in a
different world now, & the teachings have to mean something to
us today, & also must further our 3rd object "to explore
unexplained phenomena in nature & in man." To me, that's the
most exciting object of the 3.
In closing, I was just thinking that in one form or another the
Wisdom Religion has existed for thousands of years, so it's not
very likely that we'll dilute it beyond ressurection. We might
distort it, but in some form or another it's always been with
us.

Liesel