Re: Lion's Den

Aug 31, 1995 08:16 AM
by LIESEL

Alan,

All this talk about Truth & objective reality reminds me of a
puzzle I have as yet not solved for myself. Maybe you can shed
some light on it for me. Theosophists are forever talking about
Reality, & with it they mean the reality that comes when one is
centered in the spirit rather than in the lower personality.
I'm at a loss to reconcile this with that I believe - that
reality is relative. To me, whatever & however you happen to
perceive, that's your reality for that moment. I can accept
that as you grow more & more spiritual your perception of the
world (whatever that encompasses) changes into something which
contains more wisdom, detachment, compassion & etc. The
perception becomes more mature & more at one with the All. But
it's still a subjective reality. Devachan is subjective. Do you
know an answer to this one? Does anybody?