Re: Theos-l: An Incendiary Fellowship?

Aug 31, 1995 00:56 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Brenda:

>We'll do the debating. Don't feel that you have to. Other people's
>conversations are there for you to ignore or join in on, but I would think
>you'd care that this man be given more than a two or three-post chance.
>Everyone new here must feel a little strange at first or like they're just
>jumping in during the middle of something. It would take at least a month
>before you'd be able to form an opinion and even then you might be able to
>see that some good was being accomplished, even if it were only in our
>polishing our own approaches and debates on a variety of subjects.

I'd agree that someone should be given a change. The interaction is a two-way
thing, though. People tend to respond differently if someone comes out with
gun drawn ready to do battle, or if they approach with smile and outstreatched
hand. Lets hope in this case that it is the latter, and with a few more
communications we'll have a useful dialogue.

-- Eldon