Re: Re:Theosophy as a religion

Aug 28, 1995 08:49 AM
by LIESEL

Eldon,

It's my considered opinion that later writers also offer valid
points of view. I've gotten some further insights from reading
Annie Besant, Christmas Humphreys, Jinarajadasa, Harry Van
Gelder. I don't always get the idea right away when it's first
presented to me, but when I can view it as presented by another
Theosophist, it sometimes sinks in. There's one important
Buddhist doctrine, Ignorance, which dawned on me while I was
reading Martin Luther King's sermons. Reading or hearing the
same idea as presented by different persons helps me learn.
That may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine.

Liesel