Re: game over?

Aug 28, 1995 01:55 AM
by Aprioripa

>Then imagine what we are in danger of doing
>when we present our own ideas about Theosophy as being Theosophy itself,
>and not an opinion about Theosophy.

 IMHO, anything that is true is theosophy. My understanding of the
original intention of the Mahatmas in inspiring this idea was (and would
continue to be so today) to be inclusive of all of wisdom both pure and
manifest. For most of my life I looked for a word that would describe what I
felt and be inclusive of all of the path's to "God" and the idea of theosophy
is this. We can discuss/debate the truth of our opinions but the ideal of
theosophy, as taught by the Mahatma's, remains as truth inclusive.

>The freedom of belief
>that we are afforded in our theosohpical societies is a freedom
>to learn and grow and study, not an admission that there's
>nothing to Theosophy beyond anything that a member may perfer
>to believe. What's important is that we don't get rigid and
>fixed in our ideas, but keep an open mind and *freshly rethink*
>the ideas that we hold dear to ourselves. With each fresh
>review of our cherished ideas and ideals, we have to allow them
>to be at risk of coming out different that before, or there's
>no real growth and change.

 Amen.

Best Regards,
Patrick