Re: shower leg biting cats

Aug 22, 1995 06:12 AM
by Gail Rider Craig

>Dear Ann & Gail,
>
>I ask my son who's a veterinarian for an answer to this sort of
>weird cat behavior, but he didn't know why cats do things like
>that.
>
>Liesel

We had another young male cat who we took as an abandoned kitten at about
three weeks of age. He thought I was his mother and he loved a big plush
bathrobe that I had. When he went through puberty, he began biting at my
legs and howling at me for attention. One day, when I had the robe on for
protection, I didn't chase him and it was definitely a sexual thing.
Neutering him stopped the behavior.