Re: Karma and Astrology

Aug 21, 1995 05:41 AM
by Aprioripa

>My chart has always seemed "right" to me and like someone said, the process
of
>studying the chart may teach more about the psychology of archetypes than
>initial delineations.
>
>Alice Bailey's work dealt with the seven rays and many have said they have
gaine
>from her insights. I found them very difficult to understand and
unsystematic.

 A.A.B.'s writings show that astrology is one process in the
psychological flow of a human being. The main others being:
 1. A person's place on the path (which relates to values and
consciousness).
 2. The "rays" which qualify the bodies, personality and soul and
relate us to personal and spiritual groups.

 In general, astrology gives the timing and types of cycles (e.g., one
lifetime is a cycle of the type as a certain sun sign), "place on the path"
relates to the range of choices and free will, and "rays" qualify the
specific energy and resonance patterns of the bodies (e.g., scientists and
artists generally, but not always, would have different mental rays). All of
this is synthesized in esoteric psychology.

Peace,
Patrick