Re: cat communication

Aug 17, 1995 12:11 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Lisel:

>I don't agree with you that the consciousness of animals is
unrecognizably different from ours. I base my view mainly on my
having now lived for 12 years in close proximity to a cat.

For ten years we had a white part-siamese cat named Casper. He
went to cat heaven a couple of years ago, but everytime my
husband took a shower, the cat would wait for my husband to come
out. While my husband was toweling off, Casper would sneak up
behind him and bite him in the back of the leg. My husband told
me he thought this was the cat's way of playing a joke.

- ann