Re: Constitution Advocates Pluralism not Exclusivity

Aug 07, 1995 07:28 AM
by Lewis Lucas

John wrote:
> hi -
>
> I decided to add my observations here.
>
> the USA was founded on MASONIC principles (almost exclusively).

> in particular the following may summarize:

> 1) Despotism should be annihilated.
> 2) freedom of religion
> 3) separation of church and state
> 4) freedom of speech (i.e. ACLU is very much a USA institution)

> 5) Charity as a part/necessity of life
> 6) Pluralistic social attitude
> 7) Republican Democracy is the best form of government
> (and also imperfect)

> the above overlap.
>
> By the Way ---

> I had a new graph of people's religious positions/philosophy
>
> No-God/Atheist
> |
> Humanist | Rational Scientist
> |

> Secular----------------|------------------Despotism
> |

> Theosophist | Fundamentalist
> or Mason Belief in God
>

> comments??
>
> peace -
>
> john mead

John,

Glad to see the masonic tradition recognized! Makes me wish that
some of the views expressed here were published in our local
paper for other citizens to contemplate.

Regarding you graph, I am uncomfortable with this only because it
seems to polarize the positions. I agree with some political
commentators that there is too much polarization going on. I
know that polarization is part of the healthy division of a cell,
but I question is value in such an advanced organism as our world
has become. Aren't there better models in nature for growth?

Lewis
llucas@mercury.gc.peachnet.edu