Theos-xxx on line

Jul 25, 1995 09:49 PM
by John Mead

Hi --

I have just got theos-xxx back up and running.

The crash this month certainly caught me off gaurd, basically
because I was under the impression that Vnet was doing regular
backups.

As of yesterday, Vnet has started backing up the server stuff
every 48 hours.

Apparantly, they had quite a lively discussion as to who was
responsible for that disk drive (i.e.  backups).  I stayed out of
it, for the most part.  I don't work for them, but do some
volunteer work on the listserver.

It is still my understanding that the disk is going to a disk
salvage farm, and most things will be restored.  That may take a
couple weeks...  I'm not sure how long.

sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm adding everyone to THEOS-L, THEOS-NEWS, THEOS-BUDS,
THEOS-ROOTS

I realize that some do not want to be on all of the lists but the
logistics are somewhat messy.

please feel free to signoff any list you no longer want to be on.

i.e.  send to listserv@vnet.net (or listproc@.vnet.net)

signoff Theos-buds

you can send several lines in the same message.

you may want to wait untill you get confirmation that you are
subscribed, else you may try to signoff before the system has
added you :-) nothing works in true sequence on internet.

peace -

john mead