Re: Membership in L.A.

Jun 29, 1995 12:58 PM
by Brenda S. Tucker

> I am fairly new to Theosophy.  I have some experience with
> meditation (TM since '74), and have studied for many years under
> a student in a Mystery School.  I have enjoyed two of Annie
> Besant's books: "Esoteric Christianity" and "The Ancient Wisdom".
>
> I have heard that reading Madame Blavatsky's books directly is
> somewhat overwhelming; therefore, I would like to ask for a
> recommendation or two as to which books might serve as good
> introductions before jumping into the deeper volumes.
>
> Also, are there any Theosophical Society groups in Southern
> California?
>
> Thank you much for your help.
>
> David K.

Dear David,

Eldon and I could help you become acquainted with theosophical
groups in Los Angeles.  Why don't you give us a call at
818-888-6213? We're going on vacation over the weekend of the
Fourth, so anytime after Tuesday next week.  Eldon gets home
about 7 p.m.

Since you've read THE ANCIENT WISDOM, about the only resource you
need to attempt THE SECRET DOCTRINE is a dictionary.  When I
started reading it I was 20 years old and I filled pages with
words and their meanings.  I didn't need to take notes, just
needed to become familiar with the vocabulary.  It is VERY large.

Brenda Tucker