Re: A few questions to JRC and A. BAin

Jun 24, 1995 05:15 PM
by Astrea

MGRAYE@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU writes:

> In other words, I think JRC's and AB's "skeptical" comments have
> opened up a whole can of worms.  And others on Theos-l should
> examine their own "belief-system" involving karma and
> reincarnation.  But in turn, JRC and AB should apply their own
> skepticism to other parts of their own belief system.  I assume
> they have one?! :)
>
> All this is food for thought.  I hope my central point has been
> communicted!

There are a cluster of ideas which have tended to be promoted
through out Theosophical Societies, but more than this, there is
also something of a tradition of free thought and questioning of
authorities, so that any of these ideas are open to inquiry and
even criticism by its members.  Some members even question the
questioning of authorities! This is actually quite healthy, I
think, and is one of the important differences between the
society and most churches.

ASTREA