Re: reincarnation

Jun 24, 1995 05:02 PM
by Astrea

guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk (Dr. A.M.Bain) writes:

> Our experience seems similar.  Notwithstanding recent postings,
> readers of theos-l may be surprised to learn that I have a number
> of past life memories.

Not surprising.

> them _could_ be).  One of my memories is of a most unhappy life,
> some details of which I have been able to verify.  I do not
> believe that the person whose life I remember was, in this
> instance, myself in any guise, though I suspect that I resonate
> with her and share certain areas of compassionate interest -
> which could explain why I remember _her_ life is some detail
> rather than (say) Astrea in her ape-body. :-)))

As well as trances or visions of past lives, I have also had
dreams of being entirely different people.  For example, I
recently had an extremely vivid dream of being a young black guy
in a big city who was trying to resist peer pressure to take
illicit drugs.  It involved some aspects of street life-style
which I have never experienced myself.  Was it imagination, just
a dream? Or maybe there was some resonance with such a person
which allowed me to "be inside his skin" for a short time.  If
the latter, I wonder if there was a two-way flow at all.
Hmmmm...

As for the ape-body ...  I saw a gorilla on tv last night who was
quite proficient at sign language.  These animals really are
intelligent.  Ooookkk!

ASTREA