Re: Several more items

Jun 24, 1995 07:37 PM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

Dear Alan,

Even though your reasons for rejecting the idea of reincarnation
are compelling, permit me to raise a few "but''s.

Reason one: the way I heard it is that not everyone is at the
same part of the cycle at a time.  Some people are in the body,
some on the Astral, some in Devachan, & etc.

Reason 2 "The human race ...  improves the means of torture,
death & destruction."

I also see psychotherapy, psychosynthesis, conflict resolution, &
people who practice Theosophy & other religious ideas.  It's got
to go along with Krishnamurti's idea that ideals are a hindrance,
because they send you on a guilt trip when you don't live up to
them, and what must happen is that people live the teachings.  I
think that's happening as well as the devising of more
sophisticated tortures.  So is the glass half empty or half full?

Shanti

Liesel