Tereshchenko's Tarot

Jun 10, 1995 12:00 PM
by Sy Ginsburg

Hi Astrea,

In answer to yours: there was a Tarot symposium in Los Angeles in
1988 "The First International Newcastle Tarot Symposium" and the
papers were subsequently published by Newcastle as "New Thoughts
on Tarot" (Newcastle Publishing Co., Inc.  PO Box 7589, Van Nuys,
CA.  91409).  I have a copy of this and I saw it not too long ago
in a local bookstore, so it may still be in print.  One of the
papers was by Nicolas Tereshchenko entitled "Arcanum XXIII: The
Drowned Sleeping Titan." In addition to that major arcana,
Tereshchenko also shows drawings of XXIV "The Titan Awake", XXV
"Mahakala: The Master of the Dance", and XXVI "Ineffable
Heropas".  He claims to have "seen" these 4 symbols in his
dreams/meditations.  He speculates that there will be 11 more
discovered in accordance with the Hebrew alphabet as he counts
it.  The names mean nothing to me except for the last in that
"The Merciless Heropass" is mentioned often in Gurdjieff's
"Beelzebub's Tales" and has to do with "time."

If you want to see what these look like, I can FAX it to you if
you have access to a FAX machine and will give me your FAX
number, or your address and I will mail a copy .  My E-mail
address is INTERNET:72724,413@compuserve.com

Cheers

Sy G.