Re: Daniel's question

Jun 02, 1995 06:54 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Daniel writes:

> Some months ago, Ann Bermingham wrote: "Although the letters and
> writings of HPB are all we have at this time, I have begun to
> wonder if that view may be dated."
>
> Ann, could you please give me a few more details about this line
> of thinking? What is the "view"? And why do you think it may be
> dated? Dated in comparison to what?

I had to scratch my head several times before I could even
remember what this was about.  I believe I was referring to our
views of the Masters, which was being discussed and thrashed out
after K.  Paul Johnson's book came out.

My humble impression was that since a hundred or so years have
passed by, the Masters may have evolved beyond what they were
then and so has humanity's ability to perceive them.  This would
not negate in any way the past writings about them, but suggest
considering a fresh look from this illusionary point in time.
Maybe even try to get past the illusion and to the compassionate
heart of a Being that sticks around to help His/Her struggling
brothers and sisters.

- ann