More Goddesses.....

Jun 02, 1995 06:57 AM
by IXCHEL

Welcome back Brenda.  I'm glad you and Liesel and Ann enjoyed my
post on the Maya.  One moe thing about that.  Many people travel
to Chiapas and are shocked at what they call poverty.  It is a
mistake to think that the indians are so poor that they cannot
even afford shoes.  The women by tradition NEVER wear shoes.  In
the rainy season they wear plastic sandals, but even in the
heaviest downpour they are shoeless if they are in the presence
of a man from their own village.  What does this have to do with
Theosophy? I'm not sure, except that I believe there are some
hidden and sacred meanings behind their traditions.  There's
plenty of poverty in Mexico, but it is not among the Maya of the
Highlands.